|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|* pub.zeuthen.desy.de (pub1-pub6) for standard cases if warp concept doesn't work for you||* ''pub.zeuthen.desy.de'' (pub1-pub6) for standard cases if warp concept doesn't work for you|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
|* transfer.zeuthen.desy.de for IO intensive datatransfers from/to outside. /acs is available.||* ''transfer.zeuthen.desy.de'' for IO intensive datatransfers from/to outside. /acs is available.|
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
* [[http://www.desy.de/d4/ssh-tunnel-en.html| ssh tunnel with putty]]
* [[https://dv-zeuthen.desy.de/services/windows/remote_zugang/| Accessing remotely your Windows Desktop or Terminal Services at DESY Zeuthen via SSH tunneling using Windows or Linux/UNIX]]
Remote Login Service
WARP - The Concept for Remote Login Service with more Safety
- a cluster of access nodes will be used for an automatic and transparent forwarding to a suitable work group server of your group.
- the deciding factor is your primary login group
- choose the wgs with the lowest load
- the user has possibilities to choose another destination or another group
- users of groups which haven't an own wgs will be forwarded to a public wgs
- the access systems need only an ssh and kerberos clearance in the firewall
- backdoors are not possible
- local root exploits on the access systems pose not longer a serious risk (except for the sshd )
- Users of different groups will be distributed across different machines
Problems in the past
Whenever cases of local root exploits came to light, we had have to act immediately. (multiple in the year, one compromized user account is sufficient)
- Although all available security updates are rolling out quickly the login hosts are threatened by zero-day exploits
- All users used the same login hosts. Several times the pubs could not used by other users because of overload (misusage for job processing, mathematica process or similar).
Further information and usage suggestions you can find here: Warp_Login_Usage.
Remote login with SSH
- The SSH is available from outside to DESY Zeuthen on the following public login hosts
pub.zeuthen.desy.de (pub1-pub6) for standard cases if warp concept doesn't work for you
transfer.zeuthen.desy.de for IO intensive datatransfers from/to outside. /acs is available. For security reasons SSH key authentication is not allowed for remote sessions from the Internet.
More information for SSH/SCP usage is here: https://it.desy.de/services/uco/documentation/ssh_scp/index_eng.html helpful links
Web based Client
- Only for the cases that you don't have a chance to use a local client this service is offered. Be aware that the terminal emulation is limited, so special character support, ECS sequences and menu driven software may not work a aspected. The link will open a new browser window. You get a terminal session on the pal cluster in DESY Hamburg.